Senior Business Development, Relationship Manager
The Senior Business Development Relationship Manager (Sr. BDRM) is responsible for sourcing and developing prospects into new Bank clients and the expansion of products and services from a defined portfolio of existing customers. The primary goal of the Sr. BDRM is to increase deposit growth. The Sr. BDRM will work closely with Commercial Loan Officers on new loan opportunities and a Cash Management Sales Officer on cash management opportunities. Works with business owners to create a strategic plan to control and manage their cash flow cycle and provide companies with customized set of tools and processes to support their future growth and success. The Sr. BDRM will demonstrate overall cash management expertise necessary to target businesses with significant deposit opportunities. The candidate will put strategy into action by sourcing highly relevant and actionable opportunities for our business lines and be proficient at relationship building and market research to build and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities.
Sales and Business Development
- Responsible for developing new business from existing customers and prospects that leads to deposit and loan growth through the sales of cash management services.
- Generates new business through business development efforts and direct prospecting; generates leads by utilizing a network of internal and external contacts.
- Attends a variety of community events to promote the Bank and to find opportunities for cash management services.
- Responsible for the cross-sale of bank products including but not limited to Commercial Loans, Residential Mortgages, Investment Services, Payment Solutions and Insurance Services.
- Under the direction of the SVP Director of Cash Management Sales and Business Development, the Sr. BDRM may be assigned a portfolio of existing customers and expected to understand their business to better determine their requirements.
- Monitors service quality of existing customers and addresses and resolves conflicts, issues, or inquiries related to electronic banking and cash management products and services.
- Business Development/Prospecting: 65%
- Existing Customers Relationship Management/Sales: 20%
- Existing Customer Service: 15%
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of bank products and sales experience required.
- Successful track record of developing and maintaining business relationships/sales skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work internally and externally to manage and grow new relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and collaborating across an organization