Northern Bank is looking for an energetic, problem-solving Salesforce Developer / Administrator with strong experience developing custom solutions within the Salesforce ecosystem. The successful candidate will bring deep experience in core Salesforce applications; configuring and developing Apex & Lightning Components to deliver an extraordinary user experience. The successful candidate will be a part of a small team of developers/admins supporting one or multiple departments within the Bank. The team’s role is to follow an agile development methodology to consume the backlog of major and minor projects required to drive employee efficiency and enhanced customer experience. Teams will be in place to support the following departments: Commercial Lending, Cash Management, Retail, Operations/Contact Center, Marketing, Specialty Deposits. Examples of major projects planned for the next 12-24 months include: i) significant buildout of Customer Communities to automate key elements of account opening and customer service; ii) integrations to third party data sources, such as credit reporting agencies, Veritax, Validis, costar, Lexis-Nexis, etc. to automate the ingestion of required data; iii) automation of internal workflows and reporting; iii) automation of forms and docs, including integration to DocuSign; iv) development of custom dashboards and reports to enable clear visibility to the success of the business; v) development of a Salesforce-based mobile app for Sales teams to use in the field.
The position will report to the Salesforce Team Manager. The role requires both a thought leader – help us define our strategy and lead the implementation – and a do-er, develop the code and configuration to get the improved solutions in end users’ hands.
- Work against a project backlog within a fast-paced sprint planning model
- Define requirements for and build Communities to make Northern the easiest Bank for customers to do business with.
- Define requirements and develop integrations between Salesforce and external systems
- Manage and implement test plans for integrations
- Configure interfaces / develop solutions to enhance the Salesforce user experience
- Assist in establishing the development, testing and deployment strategies and processes for the Bank
- Collaborate within a fast-paced Salesforce team on design and implementation of Salesforce data model and interface requirements
- Collaborate with Business users to ensure the correct data is being presented in the most useful fashion to enable efficient service delivery
- Contribute support necessary for ongoing daily operations
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce platform out-of-the-box functionality and configuration
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce architecture and API
- Adept at abstracting high-level business needs into Salesforce.com requirements and breaking down detailed technical concepts at a high level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Critical thinker with a hunger to solve complex business challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team contributor
- Excellent ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests and manage laterally, upwards and downwards depending on the project
- Detail-oriented with strong planning skills and consistent follow-through
- 3+ years working with Salesforce.com as a developer / administrator
- Undergraduate degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or related field