Residential Loan Closer
Under the direction of the Head of Mortgage Operations, the Loan Closer is responsible for processing loan files.
- Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to all internal and external customers.
- Prepares all closing regulatory disclosures ensuring compliance with all federal, state, bank, and investor regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews the loan file ensuring that all pre-closing conditions have been met and that the file has been cleared to close by underwriting.
- Contacts the closing agent so that the closing is scheduled within the rate lock parameters.
- Prepares the closing documents based on the product, investor, regulatory and bank requirements.
- Reviews and approves the Closing Disclosure statement.
- Informs closing agent via closing instructions of any file or specific investor conditions that must be met at the closing.
- Validates that the closing package is complete and meet the investor/bank requirements and that the Closing Disclosure is approved before releasing the document package to the closing agent.
- Calculates loan disbursement and funds the closing agent IOLTA account on the disbursement day. Wires funds as necessary to closing agents who do not maintain IOLTA accounts.
- Reviews closing package upon receipt and follows up on any missing or incorrectly executed documents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years related mortgage banking experience.
- Familiarity with residential lending regulations.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and work under time constraints.
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Able to use various types of office equipment and computer software such as Microsoft Office applications.