Loan Review Analyst
This position will be responsible for assisting in Loan Review and Renewals of the Commercial Loan Portfolio. Portfolio management includes reporting, monitoring and analyzing the industry, geography, segmentations and credit concentrations associated with the portfolio. The Loan Review Analyst will be responsible for the review of real estate and commercial loans to comply with regulations and bank policy. The Loan Review Analyst will provides customer service support primarily to internal customers; to perform file research and review to provide answers to customer inquiries or directs questions to the appropriate team member or department for response. The Loan Review Analyst will conduct ongoing reviews of financials, loan approvals and all credit related forms to ensure loan closed in compliance to the Bank’s loan policy and to validate or assign appropriate risk ratings.
- Prepares loan review and renewal write-ups.
- Promptly identifies loans with potential credit weakness.
- Determines whether the lending policy and procedures are being followed by employees.
- Reviews loans for compliance issues, including Real Estate and Commercial.
- Validate or assign appropriate risk ratings based upon credit facility reviews.
- Verifies quality, completeness and accuracy of supporting loan documentation and analysis.
- Review past due reports to identify potential deterioration in credits.
- Assessment of the adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures.
- Upkeep of Documentation checklist- (consists of an updated list of all financials the bank is in possession of for each customer. ( Personal financial statement, personal tax return, corporate tax return) List is broken down by officer as well as account.
- Monitor Loan portfolio (includes maintaining several reports to monitor trends in the loan portfolio. For example: Construction portfolio, Dunkin Donuts concentration etc. Also Line of Credit maturity list is kept, to inform loan officers of their lines which must be renewed upon maturation.
- Learns or knowledge existing regulations. (State and Federal).
- Maintains accurate department records and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- College degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent education.
- Excellent decision making /problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial loan documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of loan regulations.
- Sound working knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements and tax returns.
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills.
- Scheduling and prioritizing tasks while meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
- Advanced writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create reports of review findings.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to identify actual or potential weaknesses in commercial credits.
- Requires interpersonal skills that involve problem resolution, community relations.