Loan Compliance Specialist
The Loan Compliance Specialist is responsible for coordinating and tracking the Bank’s lending compliance monitoring program, supporting residential and commercial lending areas by providing compliance guidance including HMDA and Flood, and assisting with review of lending policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and track the results of the Bank’s compliance monitoring program throughout the Bank. Identify potential compliance risks based on the results. Generate management reports.
- Keep informed of the lending regulations to further implement the department’s goals for compliance with the regulations.
- Support the lending areas with review of flood loans.
- Perform validation of CRA and HMDA reportable loans.
- Assist, as needed, in various compliance risks assessments conducted across the Bank,
- including Fair Lending.
- Assist with review of lending policies and procedures, including guidance to lending departments on regulatory changes.
- Coordinate lending compliance audits.
- If experienced in underwriting, assist with oversight of mortgage quality control program.
- Assist in the identification and monitoring of compliance training needs within the
- supported business units.
- Assist with reviewing Bank advertisements in accordance with laws and regulations as well as the Bank’s Advertisement Policy.
- Participate in Bank management committees: Compliance
- Provide support in other Compliance related functions of the Bank as requested.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge through participation in outside seminars and from professional publications.
- Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Research via internet and other sources-- banking regulations, emerging risks, and best practices.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to successfully interact with and respond to inquiries from Bank employees and management.
- Ability to perform compliance reviews independently and under general supervision.
- 3+ years in regulatory bank compliance and/or audit with knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Knowledge of general Bank policies, operating procedures, and internal controls, banking laws and regulations.