Lead Credit Analyst
- Work with EVP and Team Loan Officers to monitor progression of prospective loans, renewals, modifications, and reviews through the credit underwriting workflow, assigning loans to Credit Team members based on workload, and providing updates to Lending Team as needed
- Independently underwrite prospective financing packages of high complexity in accordance with bank policy. Maintain a strong knowledge of standard calculations and credit analysis techniques and use to develop sound conclusions supported by thorough and concise presentations of findings.
- Assist in the maintenance of Bank filing systems as new information is received.
- Perform market, industry, and economic analyses to identify trends and variances.
- Participate in ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of the Senior Credit Analysts and Credit Analysts within the department, including, but not limited to, providing guidance in completing daily tasks, providing feedback on assignments, arranging regular meetings to update the Credit Team on policy updates or other pertinent matters, and assisting EVP in the completion of Credit Team performance appraisals.
- Experience in evaluating real estate, commercial and industrial, and development loans and making recommendations to management and Board of Directors is required
- Proven ability to analyze financial information, including, but not limited to, CPA-prepared financial statements, Federal tax returns, management-prepared financial statements, management sales reports, rent rolls, accounts receivable and payable reports, and dealer statements is required
- Experience completing ratio calculations critical to the underwriting process, such as Loan to value, collateral coverage, debt coverage, leverage, efficiency, and profitability is required.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Word and familiar with basic computer applications.
- Must be proficient in Excel, advanced Excel experience preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience underwriting commercial loans
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
To apply, please send your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com