Director of Government Banking
The Government Banking segment is responsible for the bank's business with state and local governments, school districts and municipal authorities. Sells bank services to Government Banking clients and prospects to increase core deposit and relationship growth; including deposit and treasury products. Manage existing Government Banking relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will cover all of Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.
- Responsible for leading Northern Bank’s business development efforts in the Government sector throughout Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire targeting Government clients (i.e., States, Counties and public entities).
- Sells appropriate bank products and services to those prospects and clients, identifying and successfully capitalizing on cross-sell opportunities and making appropriate referrals to business partners.
- Actively monitors state agency RFP’s and submits proposals on those that would benefit the Bank.
- Attend trade association meetings and conferences/trade shows, with some occurring in the evenings and weekends.
- Follows market trends and developments to increase the Bank's business in established and developing markets.
- Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
- Ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within Government Banking
- Good knowledge of banking industry and prior calling experience.
- Ability to build positive relationships throughout the bank and capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel.
- Must be capable of inspiring confidence and respect in staff and motivate colleagues to achieve individual, division and company goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- A Bachelor’s degree is required