The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the Salesforce / Technology team and the Product Management team in driving operational efficiency and enhancing customer experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for i) working with business users and customers to define business process flows, and requirements for changes to be implemented by the Salesforce / Technology team or the Product Management team; ii) training business users or working with Learning and Development to develop training on how to follow new processes / use the technology changes that have been made; and iii) reporting on adoption and impact.
- Work with Product Management and Salesforce Team Manager to define and prioritize the Significant Project roadmap (Epics) across Commercial Lending, Cash Management, Retail, Operations, Contact Center and Ancillary Departments
- Work with all department business users to define and refine the requirements for Work Items required to implement Significant Projects, explain requirements to Salesforce Development Team
- Act as Product Owner in Agile Sprint Planning and Scrum meetings to provide the user point of view to the technical team
- Maintain and manage the Backlog of work items, including routine enhancement and maintenance requests
- Work with the head of Learning and Development to train department team members on how to use the solutions developed by the Salesforce Development team.
- Develop and maintain guides and FAQs on solutions that have been developed
- Monitor and report out on adoption and utilization of Salesforce and Customer Experience metrics
- Monitor the nCino roadmap and capability set – identify opportunities to leverage nCino functionality
- Identify Salesforce App Exchange partners or new release functionality that may affect our ability to deliver
Requirements (Special Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education):
- Strong process mapping / re-engineering experience: You understand swim lanes and process flow charts. You are experienced at working with business users to document processes and at identifying opportunities to optimize the process.
- Experience with Agile Product Development: You have been a Product Owner or active participant in Agile product development, are familiar with developing user stories, refining requirements, culling backlogs and the rhythm of agile development.
- Strong organizational skills: You manage multiple priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Attention to detail: You are detail and results oriented.
- Time management: You know how to manage your time without someone looking over your shoulder and are comfortable asking for help when you need it