Branch Manager - Westford Location
Responsible for the management of all functions and staff of a retail branch, under the direction of the SVP of Retail Banking and AVP of Retail Operations. Accountable for maximizing and increasing branch revenues and sales. Ensures outstanding customer service and optimum branch staffing. Directs product initiatives and delivers effective sales and referral strategies. Maintains and develops business relationships within the local community. Creates a positive work environment which results in superior customer service delivery. Communicates, implements, and monitors compliance of Bank standards, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements. Provides strategic direction and operational support to branch staff.
- Through strong leadership and business development, achieves branch goals for revenue, growth, and profitability. Manages branch operations, maximizing and increasing branch revenues and sales while providing outstanding customer service
- Acquires new business relationships as well as expands and retains existing customer relationships
- Secures and services profitable relationships with retail customers. Opens new accounts and resolves banking issues. Based on criteria of referral program, makes referrals to other business lines including Wealth Management, Mortgages, Commercial Loans, Cash Management and Merchant Services.
- Directs branch retail product initiatives and delivers effective sales strategies. Ensures the branch meets or exceeds sales and cross sales performance goals
- Serves as a community liaison representing the Bank in local organizations
- Provides direction and leadership to branch staff with emphasis on superior customer service skills, achieving sales goals, and teamwork. Creates a positive work environment
- Develops, coaches, and motivates branch staff, conducts performance counseling as well as evaluations of employee performance. Selects and develops quality employees to become cross functional.
- Conducts branch meetings with staff to communicate topical issues, review product knowledge, set goals, convey cross sell results, provide recognition and skill review
- Ensures compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Manages office expenses to within approved budget
- Register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) to offer Home Equity Line of Credits Only
- General working knowledge of branch operations, regulatory compliance, and banking policies and procedures
- Excellent communication, sales and customer service skills
- Ability to multi task with excellent time management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, train, coach and counsel employees
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, TellerInsight, TellerInsight Admin, IBS Insight for Deposit Origination
- 5 years management experience in banking.